Wednesday, July 18, 2007

HOW TO SUBMIT

Why did you pick the setting you used in your story? I'm not looking for -- "because I live there". I want you to dig deep and tell us...

Why you chose that particular setting?

What does the setting add to the story?

Could you write the same story in a different setting?

Why or why couldn't you use a different setting?

Did you use a real place as a basis for your setting?

Or, did you create the setting from scratch?

Is there anything else about your setting that we need to know? Feel free to share.

Please provide your website link.

What is the link to buy your book?

Tell us some specific details about your setting. What would we see? What sort of people are there? If we were traveling to your setting, what should we bring with us? For visitors, what do they need to know to visit your setting?

Thank you for sharing details about your book setting. Now, what's the title of your book and where can we buy it?

Feel free to email your answers to nikki_leigh22939@yahoo.com and I'll add your information. They will be posted, but not all at once. That will give everyone an opportunity to get plenty of exposure.

Nikki Leigh
www.nikkileigh.com/book_promo_101.htm

1 comment:

Vic & Terry said...

What a great concept, Nikki.

I chose Boston's Back Bay for the setting of my mystery Past Imperfect after a whirlwind trip there to visit my newly-wed, newly-moved daughter. I absolutely fell in love with the city and spending time there with Casey McCloud, my amateur sleuth, allowed me to "extend my stay" and continue to explore "Bean Town."

Boston is the ultimate walking city. To my thinking, when you get out of your car, the odds of the unexpected happening increase exponentially -- making it the perfect location for Casey to get herself into hot water during a frigid wintry trip.