1. Why did you choose that particular setting?
I chose a future earth that's a squalid, overcrowded refuse tip because on the one hand I feel deeply cynical about what we're doing to our world as a species. On the other hand, at least I suppose we have a future.
2. Could you write the same story in a different setting?
I could write a version of the story, but it wouldn't be the same story. All my books are deeply influenced by their setting.
3. Did you create the setting from scratch?
Pretty much. One of the nice things about SF is that you can start from scratch, as long as you're consistent.
4. Please provide your website link.
5. What is the link to buy your book?
6. Tell us some specific details about your setting. What would we see?
Refuse tips the size of cities, elevators rising twenty-two thousand miles high into orbit, undersea cities, seven mile wide ribbons running round the world and Disney-esque recreations of ancient Egyptian cities run by women.
7. What sort of people are there?
Hucksters and grifters, wizards and zombies, aliens and assassins. They're not a pleasant bunch, by and large...
8. If we were traveling to your setting, what should we bring with us?
Money to hire someone to act as a bodyguard and body armour!
9. For visitors, what do they need to know to visit your setting?
Don't stay too long -- it isn't safe....